Fascinating Malta is a tiny island country in the strategic heart of the Mediterranean Sea between Europe and North Africa. Many empires have left their mark on the Maltese archipelago over the centuries, helping shape the country’s rich and diverse culture.
Our private Malta tours highlight the best of the country, allowing travelers to dig deep into Maltese history, experience Malta’s unique natural beauty, and connect to contemporary Maltese lifestyle through private meetings with local experts and artisans, exclusive after-hours experiences at some of Malta’s most important cultural sites, special dinners in unique locations, private yacht charters, World War II touring, private Maltese cooking lessons and more.
The largest island, also called Malta, is a cultural powerhouse. In the capital city of Valletta, historic limestone buildings and gilded churches stand alongside Renzo Piano-designed modern masterpieces, and the colorful facades of Malta’s quintessential enclosed balconies brighten narrow streets lined with charming cafes and upscale boutiques. The southern part of the island offers colorful fishing villages tucked in coves along the rugged coastline and UNESCO World Heritage-listed ruins that date back millennia.
In the hills of central Malta, the atmospheric town of Mdina stands at the country’s most visible remnant of the period of Arabian control inside its imposing fortress walls. Its winding atmospheric alleyways lead to hidden courtyards and give way to cobblestone plazas which offer views of the entire island.
Gozo, the second largest island, provides an idyllic counterpart with its rural landscapes, hilltop fortresses, resplendent green hills, boutique vineyards and beautiful coastal caves.
Malta combines well with many other European destinations, including Sicily, southern Italy and Turkey.
Our Malta tours feature:
- Preferred rooms in Malta’s best luxury hotels
- Your own private guide and driver for flexible touring based on your interests
- Special activities and access to the country’s most popular sights, as well as the option for private cooking classes, active touring on Malta and Gozo, specialized shopping, private yacht excursions, festival visits and more
- Highly personalized itinerary planning
- Expert advice from our Malta specialists, all of whom have traveled extensively in Malta
- Local contacts at our associate offices throughout Malta
- Private transfers and all transportation within Malta
- Restaurant reservations, shopping recommendations, tickets to cultural events and exclusive access to local activities
All tours are private, depart daily, and can be customized to suit individual interests and schedules.
Please contact us at (800) 214-8144 for more information about our private, deluxe Malta tours.